SAC 2018 Fundraiser
2018 concert series "Music Meets Bells" is an enchanting blend of Indian Dance, Music, and Jugalbandi presented by acclaimed performers from Bharat. The shows will feature
- Santoor Maestro Pt. Tarun Bhattacharya,
- Odissi Danseuse Guru Sanchita Bhattacharya
- Tabla Player Jyotirmay Roychowdhury
- Odissi dancer Trishita Nandi.
Details and Concert Schedule
Our Children, Who Are They ?
SAC program selects children from:
- All the states of Bharat.
- Socially-economically backward areas and areas affected by Naxalites or other separatist groups.
- Who are orphans or from very poor parents or where one parent is left and cant take care of the child.
- Runaway from homes, living on the streets or railway platforms.
- Children of prostitutes mothers.
Where Do They Live?
SAC has specialized hostels with modern facilities. Each hostel has a kitchen-dining area, dorms for children, toilets, common room with TV, library and other amenities. Many hostels have playgrounds and swings too. Boys and girls live in separate hostels.
What do they do?
- Children study from first grade to 12th grade of central board certified schools
- They learn sports, music, art, yoga and other meaningful recreational activities.
- They learn moral and patriotic values that build strong character.
What Is the Future?
SAC children have bright future . Many have gone to college for higher studies. We find many students become doctors, engineers or Ph. D.s in Bharat and Abroad also.
Some children get employment at the same hostel or school where they stayed and studied.
Some children decide to go back to their village and get involved in agriculture etc.